This item is currently on backorder but you can still purchase it now and we'll ship as soon as more become available.
One of our top selling products, this beautifully crafted leather martingale collar combines the functionality of a martingale collar, with the design and comfort that Angel collars are known for. Perfect for training, anti-pulling and as an everyday collar, this is a more humane alternative to choke and prong collars. The super soft and padded leather at the bottom will allow you to correct your dog's behavious while still ensuring that their comfort and safety is a top priority.
Made of 100% genuine Top Grain Argentinean harness leather, soft Australian cowhide and stainless steel hardware.
Please refer to the Martingale sizing chart below as these collars are measured differently from the Angel buckle collars.
To properly measure your dog for a Rio Martingale collar, please read and follow these steps:
* The "Fully Tightened" measurements in the chart below refer to the length of the leather straps touching (not including the rings)
* The "Fully Extended" measurements in the chart below refer to the maximum circumference when the collar and chain are completely opened.
* The 2 steel rings on either ends of the collar add an additional 1"-2" to the overall length of the collar (depending on the size of the collar as the rings vary in size accordingly). For example, a 14" Rio collar referes to the length of the leather strap, not including the rings.
Measure the middle of your dog's neck, or slightly higher up on the neck, depending on how you intend to use the collar.
* If you want the collar to pinch when the dog pulls, choose between 1.5 -2 sizes smaller than your dog's actual neck size.
For example, if your dog's neck measure 16.5", and you want to use the collar to pinch the neck when the dog is pulling, your perfect size would be a 14" Rio Martingal collar.
* If you do not want the collar to pinch when the dog pulls and simply want the collar to close cofmortably snug around the neck, choose 1 size down from the actual neck size.
For example, if your dog's neck measures 18", choose the 16" Rio collar. The 2 rings on either end will give you an additional 1.5"- 2" length.
Note: Because each dog is unique, the above information is meant to give you direction on which size to choose. For additional assistance, please contact us.